According to a GLORY official, details of the partnership will be announced at Thursday's press conference in Japan. The official would not confirm or deny whether the partnership would extend past the NYE show.
The event, which will be held at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on Dec. 31, will be entitled "GSI Presents DREAM 18 - Special NYE 2012." Several bouts are also expected to be announced at Thursday's press conference.
GLORY, which is owned and operated by Glory Sports International (GSI), is primarily a kickboxing promotion. It made waves earlier this year when it purchased rival promotion It's Showtime.
The promotion's third event is scheduled to take place on Nov. 3 in Rome, Italy, while it's fourth event is slated for Dec. 2 in Japan, which means the organization will hold two combat sports cards in Japan in December.
GLORY's personnel is made up of hedge-fund investors, the sports marketing agency Total Sport Asia and several executives from Golden Glory and the former It's Showtime team.
Thursday's press conference will be streamed live on here at 5 a.m. ET.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts