Daniel Herbertson, MMA Fighting
Contrary to previous reports, DREAM isn't dead just yet.
The Japanese promotion has scheduled a press conference for Thursday to announce a traditional New Year's Eve show later this year. This would mark DREAM's first event since New Year's 2011.
Earlier this year, several news outlets reported that DREAM ceased operations effective immediately, however, the four-year-old promotion is apparently still alive.
Scheduled to appear at the press conference are Japanese fighters Hiroyuki Takaya, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Satoru Kitaoka, who are expected to compete on the Dec. 31 card.
By putting on this event, DREAM will also secure its priority right to book the Saitama Super Arena for NYE 2013, according to veteran MMA manager Shu Hirata.
Thursday's press conference, which will be open to the public, will be streamed live online here at 5:00 a.m. ET.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts