Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Welterweight Matt Riddle and bantamweight Francisco Rivera were suspended after failing their drug tests during the week of UFC 149, according to a report from MMA Junkie that cites anonymous sources close to the event.
According to the story, Riddle's screening was flagged for marijuana while Rivera was nabbed for using a banned stimulant.
MMA Fighting has not been able to independently confirm the results, however, Rivera has addressed the situation through Twitter, saying his result came through a pre-workout drink named "1MR" that contained an ingredient that was unbeknownst to him, banned in Canada.
Both fighters were victorious in their bouts, which were contested on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary.
As of now, the Calgary Combative Sports Commission, which oversaw the show, has not indicated whether those victories could be changed to no contests.
According to MMA Junkie, both men received 90-day suspensions, and Rivera seemed to confirm that, tweeting that his suspension is already over.
Neither man is currently listed as suspended on MixedMartialArts.com, the official MMA database of the Association of Boxing Commissions.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts