Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Anthony Pettis just can't catch a break.
After missing out on two title shots over the last two years, "Showtime" told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that he recently missed out on being a coach on "The Ultimate Fighter."
"[I'm] still recovering from shoulder surgery," he said, "and it's taking longer than expected. I was hoping to get 'The Ultimate Fighter' gig because I was told it was me and [Donald] Cerrone coaching, and now it's not happening. I'm just frustrated with everything, man."
Pettis underwent shoulder surgery earlier this year following his win over Joe Lauzon in February. Over the summer, he said he was hoping to settle his recent beef with Cerrone in November or December but those plans have since changed.
"I'm hoping to return in January," he said.
The UFC announced on Tuesday that Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen will coach next season's The Ultimate Fighter.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts