The main event of the evening at UFC 153 is Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar. This is a light heavyweight fight, meaning 205 pounds. However, Silva is also the UFC middleweight champion. This bout is scheduled for three, five-minute rounds. The referee in charge of the action is Marc Goddard.
Round 1: Bonnar comes out swinging and Silva slips evading giving Bonnar time to attempt a takedown against the fence. Silva stuffs it and now they're clinched. Bonnar's got double underhooks but isn't abe to do much with it. Silva turns Bonnar in the clinch and fires a hard shot, but Bonnar is still pressing him into the fence. Silva, bizarrely, just lays against the fence even when they clinch break, baiting Bonnar is return to that position. Silva's eating Bonnar's punches and returning fire seemingly when he feels like. Bonnar and Silva separate and Silva lands an outside trip. Bonnar evades but eats a right hand and a direct shot right to the body from a knee. Bonnar collapses and Silva swarms with a few more punches before the referee is forced to stop the contest.
Anderson Silva def. Stephan Bonnar by TKO at 4:40 of round 1
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts