Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Showing that he has learned from his most recent mistake, Diego Brandao pulled back from his hard-charging ways and fought a more measured pace at UFC 153, resulting in a unanimous decision win over Joey Gambino.
Brandao still flashed moments of aggression, as he knocked Gambino down twice during the course of the three-round bout en route to the win. All three judges scored him a 30-27 winner.
In his last time out, Brandao knocked down Darren Elkins but used up all of his energy reserves in a frantic but unsuccessful effort to finish him. Out of fuel, he was ripe for the pickings and Elkins took advantage, storming back for the win.
Brandao showed no signs of fatigue against Gambino, easily winning all three rounds. In addition to the two knockdowns, which came in the first and third rounds, he also completed three takedowns during the fight.
Gambino showed resolve in refusing to succumb to the attack, but he could never mount any offense to truly threaten Brandao.
Brandao, the season 14 season winner of The Ultimate Fighter, improved to 15-8 with the victory, while Gambino dropped to 9-2 with his second consecutive defeat.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts