On Monday, Dan's younger brother Jim told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour that Daniel faced the setback over a week ago.
"He's had a rough road," Jim Miller said of his nephew. "Unfortunately the transplant is on hold at the moment. You've got to take it one step at a time with him and deal with everything linear. And hopefully he's going be fixed and come right around and get that transplant. Still trying to be positive. He's a tough little kid so I'm sure he'll beat it."
Daniel undergoes daily kidney dialysis to treat polycystic kidney disease and will be able to regain proper kidney function once he receives a kidney transplant.
For more information on polycystic kidney disease, click here. You can support the Daniel James Miller Foundation with donations or by participating in this online fundraiser.
After his win over Melvin Guillard last Friday at UFC on FX, Jim Miller took to the mic with announcer Jon Anik to show his gratitude towards fans and the UFC during this trying time for the Miller family.
"I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, from my family," Miller said. "We love you guys. Thank you so much for your generosity."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts