Now, it's on again.
Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the Mousasi-Kyle matchup has been agreed to as the co-main event of March 3's Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey event.
Mousasi (32-3-2) was last seen just over one month ago, showing improved takedown defense to go with his usual aggressive striking game en route to a unanimous decision over Ovince St. Preux.
Meanwhile, Kyle (19-8-1, 1 no contest) is coming off a unanimous decision victory of his own, this one coming against Marcos Rogerio de Lima in September.
The winner of the bout may eventually earn a chance to fight for the vacant Strikeforce light-heavyweight title.
Mousasi-Kyle is the co-headliner just underneath a women's bantamweight title bout with Miesha Tate against Ronda Rousey. As MMA Fighting reported earlier Monday, a lightweight fight between Conor Heun and Ryan Couture was just added to the event as well.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts