T. Jay Thompson, the head of fighter operations for ProElite, leaked the news while stopping by Tuesday's installment of The MMA Hour.
"We will be partnering with DREAM not only with a fighter exchange program," Thompson told host Ariel Helwani. "But some serious talks about bringing DREAM to the U.S. and bring ProElite to Japan."
On Saturday, UFC veteran Kendall Grove will take on popular Japanese fighter Ikushia Minowa in the main event of ProElite 3 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Thompson said DREAM officials will be in attendance and another DREAM competitor, light heavyweight Tatsuya Mizuno, has joined Saturday's card to face Ilima Maiava.
Thompson plans on establishing ProElite as a fun company and is excited with its matchmaking options now that there's a strong possibility of fighters such as Shinya Aoki and Tatsuya Kawajiri entering the fold.
"With the brain power and relationship between (ProElite matchmaker) Rich Chou and I, we're going to put on high-quality MMA cards," Thompson said. "And the matchmaking styles leads into some of these great Japanese fighters."
ProElite is expected to announce details of its fourth card, most likely in early April, during Saturday's event.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts