Muhammed Lawal, who meets Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine Saturday night, has signed a new four-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to Lawal's manager Mike Kogan.
Lawal had one fight left on his current contract, so this assures that he will fight in Strikeforce for at least five more fights. This also means that Lawal won't be moving over to the UFC any time soon.
Lawal (8-1) is 3-1 in Strikeforce. He recently defeated Roger Gracie in September to get back on track following his light heavyweight title loss to Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in Aug. 2010.
He recently retracted his "cancer patient" comments about Strikeforce on a recent episode of The MMA Hour and left the door open for a return to the organization.
"I've got one more fight on my contract and then my contract ends in February," Lawal said. "King Mo just wants to go where he can get paid and get paid without the check bouncing."
Done and done.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts