* Former Strikeforce heavyweight Chad Griggs is headed to the UFC. Sources close to "The Grave Digger" confirmed a MMAWeekly.com report that Griggs will make his promotional debut as heavyweight in 2012. His first opponent is expected to be announced shortly.
Griggs (11-1) seemingly nudged his way back into the MMA landscape after he beat Bobby Lashley in Aug. 2010 following a 16-month layoff from the sport. The 33-year-old firefighter went on to upset Gian Villante in February and then beat Valentijn Overeem in a little over two minutes in June.
Griggs' signing comes on the heels of ex-Strikeforce fighters Fabricio Werdum and Lavar Johnson agreeing to terms with the UFC. Expect more Strikeforce heavyweights to come over to the UFC in 2012 after last week's announcement that the Strikeforce heavyweight division would cease to exist following the conclusion of the heavyweight grand prix.
* The UFC officially announced its return to Montreal for UFC 145 on March 24. The event will take place, as always, at the Bell Centre, home of the Montreal Canadiens. The UFC also confirmed that Rory MacDonald will meet Che Mills on the card, as was first reported by MMAFighting.com.
* You can now watch UFC content on your Xbox via Xbox Live. Here's a video demo.
* Undefeated heavyweights Stipe Miocic (7-0) and Phil De Fries (8-0) have agreed to meet at UFC on FUEL on Feb. 15 in Omaha, Neb, the organization announced on Wednesday. Also confirmed for the card was a bantamweight tilt between Ivan Menjivar and TUF 14's John Albert.
* And speaking of FUEL TV, below is a promo for the 24-hour marathon of UFC content that will air on Jan. 1 on the cable network.