Peralta stopped Semerzier on the undercard of the UFC on FOX card last month after initially connecting on what appeared to be an accidental illegal headbutt. He ended up finishing a dazed Semerzier with strikes on the ground. The initial ruling was a TKO at the 1:54 mark of the third round.
Semerzier appealed the result to the California State Athletic Commission, stating that the illegal headbutt led to the finish. Referee "Big" John McCarthy, who worked the fight, which took place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., also sent in a letter of recommendation to the CSAC supporting Semerzier's appeal. After reviewing the fight and the supporting paperwork filed by Semerzier's camp, the commission decided to overturn the result.
Butler-Au attended the CSAC hearing Tuesday morning in Van Nuys, Calif. Semerzier could not attend due to an illness. The commission requested Peralta to attend the meeting, but according to Butler-Au, Peralta never responded to the request.
Semerzier is hoping the UFC now books a rematch between the two featherweights to finish what they started on Nov. 12.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts