Chan Sung Jung needed just seven seconds to knock out Mark Hominick, tying the UFC record for fastest knockout, previously set by Todd Duffee at UFC 102. Jung leveled Hominick with a huge right hand and then stood directly over him and battered him with punches on the ground before referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop it. Hominick recovered quickly, but it was the correct decision by Dean to stop the fight.
"I always expect to have a great win but that felt great," Jung said afterward, through his translator.
Hominick, who was fighting in front of his hometown fans in Toronto, said afterward that he let his emotions get the best of him and didn't come out following his game plan.
"I got a little too hyped up," he said. "I came out with a wild left hook. I just really wanted to get it done tonight."
With the win, Jung's record improves to 12-3. Hominick falls to 20-10.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts