The UFC confirmed the fight booking on Tuesday, though they did not offer a precise date or location for it.
Kampmann competed just over one week ago, snapping a hard-luck two-fight losing streak by earning a decision over Rick Story at UFC 139. That improved Kampmann's career record to 18-5.
Alves, meanwhile, notched his first finish since a June 2008 TKO over Matt Hughes when he choked out Papy Abedi with a rear naked choke at UFC 138, upping his overall record to 19-8.
The two have been longtime members of the UFC's welterweight division, with Alves making his octagon debut in October 2005 and Kampmann following in August 2006.
Through the years, Alves has gone 11-5 under the UFC banner while Kampmann has gone 9-4. The two do share a recent common opponent, as Kampmann beat Story while Alves lost to him by decision in May.
While a date and location for UFC on FX 2 is pending, several reports have indicated March 3 is the target date for the show.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts