Bader, the former Ultimate Fighter winner who suffered two high-profile losses this year, had a great knockout win over Jason Brilz at UFC 139 on Saturday night.
"Losing sucks. I was glad to get this win," Bader said afterward.
Bader had lost to Jon Jones in February and then was on the wrong end of a huge upset against Tito Ortiz in August. But he made it look easy against Brilz: One hard right hand to Brilz's ear connected, and Brilz went down like a sack of potatoes. Brilz was out instantly and the referee quickly stepped in before Bader could do any further damage to him on the ground.
For Brilz, the loss is a huge disappointment. Following his 20-second knockout loss to Vladimir Matyushenko, Brilz has now lost by knockout in less than a minute twice in a row, and he hasn't won a fight in more than a year and a half overall.
For Bader, the win is a major relief. He needed this one, and he delivered in a big way.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts