However, Diaz's manager and trainer Cesar Gracie wants the world to know that Diaz is ready and willing to go five rounds with "The Prodigy" on Oct. 29.
"If they can't fight five rounds against each other, how are they going to fight five rounds against GSP?," Gracie said to MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.
Gracie said he told White that Diaz wanted to change the fight to a five-rounder but had yet to hear back from Penn's camp. After speaking to Gracie, both White and Penn could not be immediately reached for comment.
"Dana is good with it," he said. "We've agreed to it. If BJ agrees to it, we'll make it happen."
Gracie added that there was no hesitation on Diaz's part to agree to a five-round fight after hearing the news of GSP's injury and subsequent removal from the card.
"These guys have to prove they are ready. These guys are fighters. BJ has always said he's a warrior. ... The old school days of MMA, back when it was NHB, they fought forever.
"Don't be scared, homie. Let's make it five rounds."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts