Veteran heavyweight Pedro Rizzo has suffered an arm injury and will not be facing former UFC champ Tim Sylvia at ProElite 2 on Nov. 5 in Moline, Ill.
Rizzo announced his withdrawal Monday morning on Twitter.
"Unfortunately I got injured, training here in Holland, had a partial tear in the triceps tendon of my left arm," Rizzo tweeted. "... So I would like to apologize to the ProElite and especially to Tim Sylvia because I can't be in the ring on November 5th to face him ... I think I am in the prime of my condition and I'm really very frustrated with what happened."
Rizzo, 37, was looking to return to the ring for the first time since his TKO win over Ken Shamrock at Impact FC 2 in July 2010. The former UFC title contender has been saying he wants to make another run in the UFC before he retires.
The 35-year-old Sylvia is 1-1 in 2011, losing via TKO to Abe Wagner in January and then stopping Patrick Barrentine in August.
The ProElite 2 card features Andrei Arlovski vs. Travis Fulton and an eight-man heavyweight tournament.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts