The alleged assault occurred when a female customer refused to pay a tab at Choi's bar which turned out to be more expensive than she had anticipated. Following an argument, the female patron claims that Choi punched her in the face.
Posting on his blog on Wednesday, Choi vehemently denied punching the woman, stating, "She verbally insulted me. I just could not take it anymore. I just pushed her a little bit. I swear that I never punched her.
Choi continued, putting his (admittedly dormant) fighting career on the line by writing, "If I am lying, I will quit my career as a K-1 fighter."
The charges against Choi do seem dubious as witnesses have stated that the women pressing charges was heavily intoxicated, threw a glass at Choi's head, kicked and punched the former K-1 star and made derogatory comments about his parents. When the women brought up Choi's family, witnesses stated that he pushed the woman aside in an attempt to end the argument.
Korean reports do not indicate if the charges being leveled against Choi are civil or criminal, but the South Korean giant does intend to take legal action against the female customer if she, "continues lying about the incident."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts