"The Jersey Devil" has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 136 fight against Aaron Simpson due to an undisclosed injury, sources close to the fighter confirmed with MMAFighting.com.
The 30-year-old, who has only fought once since January 2010 due to several different injuries, including a serious back injury, most recently defeated Costantinos Philippou at UFC 128 in March. No word on the severity of his most recent ailment or who will replace him against Simpson.
Catone (9-2) is 3-2 in the UFC. He also holds wins over Jesse Forbes and Derek Downey.
Simpson (9-2) has won his last two fights in a row against Brad Tavares and Mario Miranda.
UFC 136, headlined by Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard, airs live on pay-per-view from the Toyota Center in Houston on Oct. 8.
Update: Catone tweeted he tore his achilles tendon Tuesday night.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts