A total of 1,956 tickets were issued, with 1,341 tickets papered and 66 left unsold. According to reported salaries, fighters earned $92,000 in purses and win bonuses on the 10-bout card.
The numbers for Strikeforce Challengers 18 was an improvement from the promotion's debut at the Palms Casino Resort on July 22 when Strikeforce Challengers 17 sold 458 tickets for a gate of $42,987.50.
However, both shows drew far less than the The Ultimate Fighter Finale cards which also call the Pearl at the Palms its home base. At the TUF 13 Finale in June, the UFC pulled in 1,494 paid for a live gate of $429,000.
Strikeforce Challengers 18 was highlighted by Joe Duarte outpointing Jorge Gurgel in the main event and Ronda Rousey making her Strikeforce debut with an armbar win in 25 seconds.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts