In the co-main event at UFC 133, Belfort made short work of Yoshihiro Akiyama, connecting with a left hand that knocked Akiyama down and several more punches on the ground, then letting Akiyama up for just an instant before finishing him off with a few more hard punches that left him out cold on the canvas.
The official time of the first-round knockout victory was 1 minute, 52 seconds. It was a great bounce-back victory for Belfort, who was returning to the Octagon for the first time since getting knocked out himself by middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
"I'm back," Belfort said afterward. "I feel great."
The victory improved Belfort's professional MMA record to 20-9, including 14 wins by knockout or TKO. Akiyama falls to 13-4, and he's now on a three-fight losing streak.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts