Hallman had Ebersole's back and was close to sinking in a rear-naked choke in the first minute, but Ebersole maintained his composure, bided his time and managed to transition to the top position, and when he did he rained down hard elbows on Hallman's head, eventually landing one hard enough that Hallman went limp, and the referee stepped in to stop the fight.
The official time of Ebersole's first-round TKO victory was 4 minutes, 28 seconds.
After the fight, Ebersole said he was never worried, even when Hallman appeared to have him in trouble early on.
"I came out in a bit of a daze and got taken down, but I've been there with black belts before in this whole training camp -- I knew I could get out of there," Ebersole said.
Ebersole has been fighting professionally for more than a decade, but he never got a shot at the UFC until this year. Now he's 2-0 in the UFC, having beaten Chris Lytle in February, and now Hallman at UFC 133. Ebersole was 60 fights into his MMA career before he got called up to the big show, but it was worth the wait. He's an impressive presence in the welterweight division.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts