Bellator 48 will be the third and final 2011 Summer Series events and is expected to feature the finals of the featherweight tournament which kicked off this past Saturday.
The Konrad vs. Buentello non-title fight was originally announced for Bellator 42 in April, but Buentello would later withdraw due to a back injury. Konrad, who won all seven of his fights in 2010 en route to becoming the Bellator heavyweight champion, will be fighting for the first time this year.
Rodriguez and Petruzelli will both be making their Bellator debuts. Although Bellator is billing this as a heavyweight bout, the agreed upon catchweight is 230 pounds, according to Petruzelli. Petruzelli was released from the UFC after his loss at UFC 122 last November and scored a TKO this year at WEF 46 in April. Never fighting for the same promotion in a row, Rodriguez has won his last 11 fights.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts