MMA Fighting has Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC 30
) results of the Brian Cobb
vs. Drew Fickett
, Marcus Davis
vs. Pete Spratt
co-headliners as well as the rest of the HDNet-televised event from the Mayfield Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Drew Fickett, who has won five straight via submission, was supposed to fight for the vacant MFC lightweight title on this card until scheduled opponent Hermes Franca was forced out due to serious criminal allegations
. One-time Sengoku and UFC competitor Brian Cobb will step in, but the belt will not be on the line.
Former UFC fighter Marcus Davis debuted successfully with the MFC in April, defeating Curtis Demarce via split decision and the 37-year-old will look to string together back-to-back wins when he faces experienced striker Pete Spratt in a welterweight showdown. Davis previously met Spratt in April 2007 at UFC 69 where he submitted Spratt with an achilles lock.
MFC 30 results are below.
- Brian Cobb def. Drew Fickett via TKO (punches) - R1, 4:44
- Marcus Davis def. Pete Spratt via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Sheldon Westcott def. Thomas Denny via unanimous decision (29-27 3x)
*Westcott was deducted a point in the third round for hitting Denny in the back of the head.
- Dhiego Lima def. Jamie Toney via TKO (punches) - R1, 2:47
- Curtis Demarce def. Robert Washington via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
* Decision was initially announced in favor of Robert Washington, but commission later changed the result after learning the 30-27 score was meant for Demarce and not Washington.
- Andreas Spang def. Cody Krahn via submission (guillotine choke) - R1, 1:18
- Mukai Maromo def. Scott Cleve via first-round TKO
- Garrett Nybakken def. Jevon Marshall via first-round TKO
Notes: The MFC announced a new five-year deal with HDNet ... The next MFC event is targeted for September.