"Jeff Clark (Huerta's manager) and my management team are in talks with other promotions now into having me fight in the summer," Huerta said on The MMA Hour.
Huerta (21-5-1) was last in action in a TKO loss to Eddie Alvarez at Bellator 33 last October. The loss would turn out to be the final chapter in Huerta's disappointing Bellator run. Favored to win the promotion's lightweight tournament upon signing, Huerta was ousted in the semifinals and was only booked against Alvarez because tournament winner Pat Curran had to bow out due to injury.
After the loss to Alvarez, Huerta had to take step back and reevaluate his MMA career, so he packed up and traveled east to Thailand, Southeast Asia and Australia.
"I wanted to see where I was at in life," Huerta said. "Where I fit in in this whole work that I do, which is fighting, and see what I really, really wanted to do and why I lost the last couple of fights. Just to reevaluate a couple of things and change for the better."
Huerta, now rejuvenated after the five-month long trip, is ready to resume to his MMA career -- wherever it might be.
"[MMA retirement is] not in the cards," the 28-year-old said. "I'm still fairly young and I still have some good fights in me."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts