Billy Vaughan, who in March made his Strikeforce debut in a loss to Jorge Gurgel, will step in for Curran's original opponent Joe Pearson, who was forced to withdraw after getting in a car accident, as first reported by MMAWeekly.com.
Due to the late notice, the fight will be contested at 145 pounds according to Curran's management, SuckerPunch Entertainment. Curran, who has been reinventing himself in the 135 pound division, will move up just for this fight.
Also, the co-headliner featuring former WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner making his first appearance back in the regional scene will go on as scheduled even though Varner is being heavily rumored as a possible opponent for Shinya Aoki on May 29 at Dream.17. Varner's management informed MMAFighting.com Monday that Varner will "100 percent" be fighting on the XFO card against Tyler Combs. Varner signed a three-fight deal with the XFO.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts