The UFC confirmed that Tibau has verbally agreed to the bout.
McKenzie (12-1) has split his two fights in the UFC octagon, winning his debut with his trademark guillotine choke variation before dropping his most recent fight in a technical submission to Yves Edwards.
The change results in a much more experienced opponent for Palaszewski, who will be making his UFC debut after winning three of his last four in the WEC's lightweight division. In his last bout, Palaszewski (35-14) lost a tight split-decision to Kamal Shalorus.
Tibau (22-7) is one of the division's biggest competitors, cutting around 30 pounds during fight week.
It will be a fairly quick turnaround for Tibau, who defeated Kurt Pellegrino by split decision during the March UFC 128 event in New Jersey. Overall, he's won three of his last four, losing only a unanimous decision to the streaking Jim Miller.
UFC 130 takes place on May 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be headlined by what is likely to be the last fight of the Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard trilogy.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts