Shamrock's wife Tonya tells MMAFighting.com that Shamrock came down with MRSA recently while taking care of his son who had been hospitalized for a week due to the same infection. For the safety of himself and others, the 47-year-old Shamrock was asked by doctors to withdraw from the fight and was placed on antibiotics for several weeks.
Shamrock was scheduled to face Anthony Rea, who will remain on the card against late replacement Robert Wince. A light heavyweight bout between Seth Petruzelli and David Mewborn has been pushed to the main event.
Shamrock is also rumored to rematch Mike Bourke at a King of the Cage event in July 24, but according to the Shamrock family, the fight was never offered and there are no other fights coming up for the 18-year MMA veteran.
Shamrock (28-15-2) is coming off a loss to Bourke last November at King of the Cage. His last win was in October against Jonathan Ivey.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts