The numbers are on the bottom end when compared to premieres for past seasons. TUF 12 with Team Georges St. Pierre vs. Team Koscheck drew 1.6 million viewers. TUF 11 with Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz did 1.9 million viewers. The series high was the TUF 10 season premiere with 4.1 million viewers powered by Kimbo Slice.
The series is still a powerhouse for Spike TV, as the premiere finished first in viewership for males 18-34 and males 18-49 during the 9-10p.m. ET time slot.
Spike TV added that the repeat of the premiere at 11:50p.m. drew 633,000 viewers.
On the first episode, the 14 welterweights were split into teams and Team Dos Santos went 1-0 when Shamar Bailey defeated Nordin Asrih by unanimous decision after two rounds.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts