In fact, it appears as though the fight won't be happening any time soon.
Earlier this week, UFC.com's Ultimate Insider reported that the middleweight clash was signed for Memorial Day weekend. However, a UFC source with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting on Friday that the fight was never signed and that Silva has informed the organization that he won't be healthy enough to compete on the card.
As MMA Fighting first reported last month, the organization was hoping to put the fight together for UFC 130.
No opponents have been signed for either Stann or Silva. There is still a chance Stann, the former WEC light heavyweight champion, will compete on the May 28 card against someone else.
Stann (10-3) is coming off a win over Chris Leben in January, while Silva (33-10-1, 1 no contest) hasn't competed since he beat Michael Bisping at UFC 110. He underwent knee surgery in July.
UFC 130, headlined by Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard III, will air live on pay-per-view from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts