The bout, which was first reported by Sherdog, is the intended direction if Strikeforce and Emelianenko's M-1 management agency can finalize a new deal.
A source in Emelianenko's camp told MMA Fighting that it was likely that Emelianenko's participation on the card would require that the deal be done by the end of this week, and that the two sides had several outstanding issues to deal with.
A source in Silva's camp said he has already agreed to face Emelianenko.
Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz said simply, "Nothing confirmed yet."
If the two sides can get it done, it would mark Emelianenko's return to the cage after suffering his first loss in nearly 10 years. Emelianenko was submitted by Fabricio Werdum in June.
Since then, Emelianenko's management team has been locked in contract negotiations with Strikeforce in an effort to extend a deal which was set to expire after his next fight.
The loss to Werdum snapped a record 29-fight unbeaten streak for Emelianenko (32-2, 1 no contest). The first-round triangle/arm bar loss took just 69 seconds.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts