Aleksander Emelianenko, the younger brother of Fedor, lost in an upset this past Saturday in Russia, ending an eight-fight unbeaten streak lasting over three years.
Competing under modified rules of stand ups after 30 seconds on the ground, Aleksander lost in the main event of "Draka 5" to K-1 veteran Peter Graham by way of leg kicks at two minutes and 50 seconds of the second round.
It was only the second (T)KO loss of Aleksander's career, his first being the head kick loss to Mirko Cro Cop at PRIDE Final Conflict 2004. Additionally, It was also Aleksander's first loss since 2006, which came against the same opponent as his brother's most recent loss, Fabricio Werdum.
Aleksander, who began his MMA career with PRIDE in 2003 and fought for the promotion until 2006, has been stuck for the most part fighting in Russia against unheralded opponents ever since the closure of PRIDE. A shot with Affliction for his U.S. debut fell through in 2008 due to licensing issues.
Graham, 35, opened his MMA career two years ago with three straight losses, but now finds himself riding a three-fight win streak as he heads into 2011.
Aleksander's overall MMA record fell to 17-4, while Graham improved to 4-5.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts