Harris confirmed the news with MMA Fighting via text message on Tuesday.
Harris (17-3) had won three straight fights inside the Octagon after signing with the organization following an unsuccessful bid on season seven of "The Ultimate Fighter." The decision loss to Falcao is his first official loss in the UFC, and yet it was enough to bring about his release after the lackluster finish to Saturday's fight.
What makes Harris' release particularly surprising is that, in addition to being a very respectable 3-1 in the Octagon, he'd also won Knockout of the Night bonuses in two of his four fights with the UFC.
The latter of those two -- a violent slam knockout of Dave Branch at UFC 116 -- even landed Harris on ESPN's Sportscenter. After that highlight reel finish, Harris said, he became known to many casual fans simply as "the dude that slammed that dude."
Now, after a loss in a fight that saw a time-keeping controversy and an uninspired ending, he finds himself suddenly out of a job.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts