"I was really looking forward to fighting so this is a big disappointment, but I'll be back" Couture stated in a press release. "As soon as I'm cleared, you can bet I'll be back in the gym preparing for my next Strikeforce fight."
The release also stated that the 28-year-old is expected to be out of action for three to four weeks. No word on when he will fight next.
The next Strikeforce Challengers event is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 19, at Jackson Convention Complex in Jackson, Miss. It will air on Showtime at 11 PM ET/PT.
The event will be headlined by Justin Wilcox vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro.
The 1-0 Couture, who's the son of UFC Hall-of-Fame member Randy Couture, made his pro MMA debut in August, defeating Lucas Stark in just 75 seconds.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts