Leben, 30, was allegedly driving on the H1 Freeway in Honolulu when he lost control of his pickup truck and crashed into a wall. According to the report, he was allegedly driving without a license or insurance.
A talented yet sometimes troubled fighter, Leben was previously arrested on another DUI charge in his home state of Washington, an issue that cost him a chance to compete in a scheduled match in June 2008.
Leben served jail time for that offense and the UFC later rescheduled his bout with Michael Bisping. Leben went on to lose the match in a unanimous decision at UFC 89 but tested positive for steroids in a post-fight test and was suspended for nine months.
Professionally, Leben had been in the midst of a strong stretch in the UFC, winning three straight fights, most recently defeating Yoshihiro Akiyama by triangle choke at July's UFC 116.
Leben had been expected to face Brian Stann at UFC 125 on January 1, but there is no indication of whether his arrest will impact the scheduled bout.
He is scheduled to appear at Honolulu district court on Nov. 22.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts