"That's my favorite, for sure," Couture said of the triangle, noting that his father doesn't use the move because "he doesn't spend much time on his back."
The fight itself was quick and easy for Couture: Couture took Stark down and quickly went for a choke, and although Stark actually shook Couture off and briefly got back up, it was just seconds later that they were back on the ground and Couture sunk in the triangle. The fight lasted just over a minute.
"I feel great," Couture said afterward. "It's been a really good week here in Phoenix getting ready for the fight. I'm just glad to get in here and get the job done. It didn't go quite as I expected but it was a lot of fun."
Fans should have a lot of fun watching the young Couture, for a long time to come.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts