But whatever the case, it's always entertaining.
In a live chat with MMAFighting.com, Toney belittled the punching prowess of MMA fighters in general and Couture's striking in particular, and he said that while he admires Couture for having the, um, guts to fight him, he doesn't think anyone in MMA can touch him standing up.
"He's got the balls to fight me but there's no MMA fighter who has the balls to trade punches with me," Toney said of Couture. "If they do it's suicide."
Toney fielded several questions from readers who pointed out that Couture's wrestling background should make it easy for him to dominate Toney in the clinch and on the ground, but Toney was having none of it.
"If Randy tries to grab me I'll hit him so hard his grandparents will feel it," Toney said. "I keep reminding everybody, the fight starts standing up. To shoot you have to get close and when you do, you're going to get hurt."
And hurting Couture is exactly what Toney says he wants to do.
"I'm in the business of hurting people," Toney said, "and that's what I'm planning on doing."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts