When contacted by MMA Fighting, Baroni refused to comment on the injury, but he did tweet:
"I cant take it anymore. Im freaking out. anxiety im shot. beaten [sic]."
Baroni (13-12) dropped his return to the UFC last November when he lost via unanimous decision to Amir Sadollah at UFC 106. Since then, he decided to sharpen his skills in Thailand for an extended period of time and move back up to middleweight.
Conventional wisdom heading into this fight was that a Baroni loss could spell the end of this UFC run, but when Baroni was on The MMA Hour last month, he said that he was taking a different approach.
"It was a do-or-die [my last fight]," Baroni said. "This fight I'm not going to look at it that way. I'm going to go there and enjoy it and not put the pressure on myself."
Update: MMA Fighting has confirmed with AMA Fight Club owner Mike Constantino that Dan Miller has agreed to face John Salter. MMADiehards.com first reported the news.
MMA Fighting's Mike Chiappetta contributed to this story.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts