The pair had an interesting back-and-forth when asked about seeing each other weigh-in the day before their fight.
"I don't really like to take a look at men's bodies, so I didn't really look at him. He said he'll surprise the fans. I'll make sure ours will be a shocking fight," Kawajiri said.
Aoki was noticeably more relaxed than the tense, hostile fighter we saw yesterday. "I like both men and women. His body is a nice body, and if we both fight with men's spirit, we can have a fight that everyone wants to see."
Jake O'Brien, who is set to face former DREAM and Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi, was notably absent from the weigh-ins as he was still cutting weight. O'Brien is set to weigh-in later Friday.
DREAM.15 Weigh-in Results and Fight Order - July 10th, 2010 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan
DREAM Lightweight Title Fight
7. Shinya Aoki (70 kg / 154.3 lbs) vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (70 kg / 154.3 lbs)
6. Gesias "J.Z.Calvan" Cavalcante (70 kg / 154.3 lbs) vs. Katsunori Kikuno (70 kg / 154.3 lbs)
DREAM Light-Heavyweight Tournament
5. Gegard Mousasi (93 kg / 205 lbs) vs. Jake O'Brien (Did not weigh in)
4. Melvin Manhoef (90 kg / 198.4 lbs) vs. Tatsuya Mizuno (92.5 kg / 203.9 lbs)
3. Michihiro Omigawa (64.8 kg / 142.9 lbs) vs. Young Sam Jung (64.8 kg / 142.9 lbs)
2. Mitsuhiro Ishida (65 kg / 143.3 lbs) vs. Daiki "DJ.taiki" Hata (65 kg / 143.3 lbs)
1. Kazuhiro Nakamura (83.8 kg / 184.7 lbs) vs. Karl Amoussou (83.5 kg / 184 lbs)