"We must not forget the traumatic experience the Dixons and the Securitas employees went through that night in 2006 -- held at gunpoint and fearing for their lives," Detective Superintendent Mick Judge said in the BBC report.
On February 22, 2006, Murray and a band of robbers broke into a Securitas depot in Tonbridge, Kent and escaped with $92.5 million in cash. Murray, British-born but of Moroccan descent, sought refuge by fleeing to Morocco. Although Murray was arrested four months later, he has been avoiding a trial since there is no extradition agreement between the UK and Morocco.
However, Moroccan authorities eventually cooperated with Kent Police, culminating with Tuesday's sentencing of Murray to 10 years in a Moroccan prison.
Murray, 30, had a respectable MMA career with a record of 8-2-1, but would consistently find himself in trouble. The one-time UFC competitor's track record includes allegedly knocking out Tito Ortiz in a street fight, surviving a stabbing on his birthday and last year attempting to break out of jail.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts