TOKYO -- Team Quest's Federico "Kiko" Lopez
, who is set to face Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto
at Dream.14, missed weight Friday at the East 21 Hotel in Toyocho, Tokyo. Lopez came in 2kg (4.4 pounds) over the contracted 60kg limit but will be given time to make the weight this afternoon. All other fighters were on weight.
While it was not publicly announced earlier, of the five "featherweight" bouts on the card, only one is actually being fought at Dream's 63kg limit. The rest must be considered catchweight bouts and are being contested from 60 to 65kg. No reason was given for the weight changes.
Strikeforce welterweight Champion Nick Diaz
was late for the weigh-ins after a miscommunication regarding the start time and some problems his team encountered with the Tokyo Subway system. Diaz weighed-in about 20 minutes late without incident. DREAM.14 - May 29th at Saitama Super Arena - Weigh-In Results
8. Welterweight (-76.6kg) - Hayato "Mach" Sakurai (76.5kg) vs. Nick Diaz (76.0kg)
7. Catchweight (-88kg) - Kazushi Sakuraba (86.5kg) vs. Ralek Gracie (87.4kg)
6. Featherweight (-65kg) - Hiroyuki Takaya (65.0kg) vs. Joachim Hansen (65.0kg)
5. Featherweight (-60kg) - Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto (59.8kg) vs. Kiko Lopez (62kg - OVER)
4. Featherweight (-63kg) - Hideo Tokoro (63.0kg) vs. Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura (62.8kg)
3. Featherweight (-64.5kg) - Kazuyuki Miyata (64.2kg) vs. Takafumi Otsuka (64.4kg)
2. Featherweight (-61kg) - Yoshiro Maeda (60.7kg) vs. Kenji Osawa (61.0kg)
1. Openweight - Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa (88kg) vs. Imani Lee (150kg)