Randleman began to feel sick with what he believed was a staph infection while preparing for the Gracie fight, and he feared that he might need to bow out. The 38-year-old Randleman even told Sherdog that he would consider retiring if he couldn't get medical clearance to fight on May 15.
But a doctor has told Randleman he's healthy enough to go ahead and fight on the Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery card in St. Louis, which is headlined by Brett Rogers vs. Alistair Overeem.
Randleman, a former UFC heavyweight champion with a 17-14 record, is much more experienced than Gracie, who has competed more in Brazilian jiu jitsu than in MMA and is only 2-0. But Randleman is just 3-9 since 2003 and has to be considered an underdog, especially after a training camp that was disrupted by an illness.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts