Don King Productions sent out a release Tuesday stating that the company "has a valid promotional contract granting the right of exclusive representation" of Mayorga. Don King Productions also alleges that Shine Fights' conduct "constitutes tortious interference" with Don King Productions' preexisting agreement and asked Shine Fights to stop promoting Mayorga.
Shine Fights' response is that while King is Mayorga's boxing promoter, Shine is Mayorga's exclusive MMA promoter.
"Shine Fights has a valid and exclusive promotional contract with Ricardo Mayorga for mixed martial arts," Price said Wednesday in a statement. "We are pleased to offer both MMA fans and boxing fans a great night of MMA action on Saturday, May 15."
Shine is counting on the controversial Mayorga for the promotion's first card on pay-per-view. The 36-year-old Mayorga is a former WBA and WBC champion and could be an appetizer for the upcoming rumored Randy Couture vs. James Toney fight.
The rest of the Shine 3 pay-per-view card from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C. is being filled out by Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Travis Galbraith, Nick Thompson vs. Eduardo Pamplona, Braulio Estima vs. Rick Hawn and Alexandre "Carareco" Ferreira vs. Jamal Patterson.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts