Ryan Couture, son of UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture, stepped inside the ring for the final time as an amateur last Friday and fought to a draw against Sean Bollinger -- despite going unconscious during one point of the fight.
In the final seconds of the second round of the three, three-minute round fight (video above), the 27-year-old Couture went limp from a triangle choke, but was allowed to return for the third when the referee deemed that he passed out after the bell.
Bollinger and his corner, who thought he won, celebrated until the referee alerted them that Bollinger had to come out for the final round.
With the fight ending in a draw, no one was crowned the champion in the vacant TUFF-N-UFF lightweight title fight.
Couture will go pro leaving behind an amateur record of 5-1-1.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts