The athletes tested were Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Paulo Thiago, Demian Maia, Matt Serra, Mac Danzig, Phil Davis, Chris Tuchscherer, Joey Beltran, Melvin Guillard and Rob Emerson. All results were negative.
When the UFC has events in states like Nevada with athletic commissions that conduct drug tests, the UFC typically puts drug testing in the commission's hands. The Nevada commission usually tests the fighters in the main event (Couture and Coleman at UFC 109) the co-main event (Marquardt and Sonnen) and randomly selects other fighters on the card.
The UFC also has its own drug testing program, which it uses for overseas fight cards like UFC 110 in Australia on February 20. The UFC's own program is modeled on the Nevada Commission's testing regimen, with fighters who test positive subject to fines and suspensions.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts