Former UFC fighter Corey Hill won his comeback fight last night, defeating Jason Trzewieczynski by unanimous decision at an event in Niagara Falls, N.Y.
It was Hill's first fight in 13 months. In Dec. 2008, the former collegiate wrestler suffered one of the most gruesome injuries in MMA history, when he fractured the tibia and fibula in his right leg while throwing a kick. His shin snapped into a V-shape and he fell to the mat as the fight was promptly stopped.
Afterward, Hill was told by doctors that his fighting career was likely over.
The 6-foot-4, 155-pounder first came to national attention on season five of The Ultimate Fighter, where his size made him stand out among the cast. After losing in the quarterfinals to eventual season champion Nate Diaz, Hill debuted in the UFC by defeating Joe Veres in Jan. 2008. At UFC 86 a few months later, he was submitted by Justin Buchholz before suffering the injury in a bout against Dale Hartt.
The 31-year-old improved to 3-2.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts