Yuki Nakai, the general manager of Paraestra, announced Aoki's dismissal on the gym's website and apologized on behalf of the camp for anyone's discomfort from watching Aoki's "inappropriate behavior."
Last week, Aoki was forced to break Mizuto Hirota's humerus bone in his right arm when the Sengoku lightweight champion refused to tap. But instead of checking on his injured opponent, Aoki stood over Hirota, trash talked and offered a middle finger.
On Thursday, Sengoku and the Japan Association of Athletics Federations urged DREAM to take disciplinary action against Aoki to discourage such behavior from others in the future.
Aoki, who will continue to train and represent the gym, added to Nakai's statement by saying that he sincerely apologizes and will avoid such "unsportsmanlike conduct" in the future.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts