Wisniewski submitted the back choke-prone Pete Spratt, in the first round, officially, with a rear-naked choke. Spratt, who injured his neck during training but decided to stay on the card anyway, said after that he tapped to a neck crank.
Spratt is the more active fighter of the two and was coming off one of the most devastating knockout wins of 2009 at MFC 22 last October. Spratt's last four losses on record are all by rear-naked chokes.
In the co-main event, former MFC title contender Derrick Noble handed Joe Benoit his third career loss, submitting the one-time WEC fighter with a guillotine choke.
Louis Taylor and John Kolosci, who both lost on the Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers card in November, also picked up wins Saturday on the card. Taylor stopped Curtis Bailey in the first round, while Kolosci won a split decision over Bill Hill.
The HFC event, referred to as "professional unarmed combat" by the Indiana athletic commission, was promoted by Danielle Vale, a former Mrs. Indiana beauty pageant winner.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts