Former UFC middleweight and Olympic wrestler Jordan Radev knocked out highly regarded Russian Alexander "Storm" Shlemenko Saturday at Fight Festival 26 in Helsinki, Finland.
With less than 30 seconds left in the round, Radev counters with a left hook that flattens Shlemenko out cold on the mat. Video of the fight is above.
Radev improved his record to 21-4 and handed Shlemenko, now 24-4, his first loss in over three years.
Radev is a perfect example of a fighter who has been successful everywhere except for the UFC. Radev began his career in 2002 and recorded an 11-1 record fighting for events in Holland and Poland to earn himself a shot in 2007 with the UFC. However, Radev was quickly sent packing after losing both his fights in the Octagon to Dean Lister and Drew McFedries. In 2008, he returned to Europe and has since won 10 out of 11 fights.
Shlemenko is perhaps best known to North American audiences for two flashy knockouts (spinning backfist, head kick) at BodogFight events and an incredible flying knee TKO to win right at the sound of the first-round bell at an EliteXC card on Showtime.
In the main event of Fight Festival 26, The Ultimate Fighter 5 lightweight Brian Geraghty dropped a unanimous decision to Niko Puhakka.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts