Capitalizing on the enormous promotional resources that the UFC will pour into its November fight between Randy Couture and Brandon Vera, Strikeforce is poised to offer a November Couture vs. Vera fight of its own: Kim Couture vs. Kerry Vera.
Sherdog.com is reporting that Kim Couture and Kerry Vera have verbally agreed to meet in a 135-pound bout for Strikeforce, possibly on November 20 -- which would be just six days after their husbands, Randy and Brandon, meet in the main event of UFC 105.
Kim Couture (who is estranged from Randy) is 1-1 in her professional MMA career, while Kerry Vera is 1-0, so this is a battle of two newcomers, not two of the best female fighters in the world. But I think it's a great fight for Strikeforce: The UFC will spend a great deal of time and money advertising Couture vs. Vera, and Strikeforce can benefit from that advertising.This is brilliant matchmaking.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts